Tuesday, April 4, 2023

April Journal Prompts - Day 3 What are you most thankful for?

 April Journal Prompts - Day 3 What are you most thankful for?


This is another easy one--Jesus! I am thankful God made a way for me to know Him through His one and only son Jesus. I'm thankful for His sacrifice on the cross and that He rose again! He conquered death and made a way for me and my loved ones to go to Heaven should we choose to believe this and follow Him. 

The older I get, the less I take for granted life and how precious it is and even though I am dealing with cancer, my faith is not a result of it. I have always "talked to God" and had a relationship with Him. I became "officially saved" when I was 9 years old and asked Jesus to come into my heart and be the Lord of my life. I didn't really understand what that decision meant at the time but I continued my relationship with God as I always had. 

When I got older and really started to understand things, there have been many times when I have needed to pause and step back for a minute to truly align myself with His will. I've been baptized twice now, the last time being in 2013 after a major life event. I study scripture and am eager to learn all there is to learn about our Wonderful Counselor! The more I learn, the more I want to know. He is so good that it often brings me to tears how much He loves us. It also breaks my heart when people close to me reject Him. But I continue to pray that He will put people in their path to show them what I have tried to show them. And I claim that God will harvest the seeds that I planted long ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment